Forum rules - please read before posting.

SCENE WITH 3 DIFFERENT EXITS ON ANOTHER SCENE

Hello everyone,
i hope you are well and sound.

Let's say i have scene 1 which is a cross road, this crossroad is a trigger on scene 2 which is let's say an island.
player start requires a previous scene , what if i have three exits from the previous scene and i would like to place the player start depending from which exit the player takes?

let's say cross road is scene 1 which is activated by a trigger in scene 0 which is a map of the island. in the island scene is it possible to say , if the exit took in scene 1 is to the mountain player start 1, if the exit in scene 1 is to the beach player start 2, if the exit in scene 1 is to the island player start 3

Thank you in advance for any advises

Alessio

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @AlessioSoleMagico.

If you have multiple exits from one scene to another, you'll need to rely on a Global Variable to keep track of which exit the Player took.

For example, a PopUp variable named "Island path" could have values "From Beach", "From Mountain" etc. When the Player enters the Island scene from the beach, set this variable to "From Beach" before switching to the Island scene. When entering from the mountain, set this to "From Mountain" etc.

In your Island scene, you'll then need to read this value in your OnStart cutscene and teleport the Player accordingly - bypassing the various PlayerStarts you have.

If you've used a PopUp variable to keep track of the exit, you can use the Variable: Pop Up switch Action on this variable to run a different Object: Teleport Action to teleport the Player to the right place based on its value.

• cool thank you Chris, I will go through the manual to do that