Forum rules - please read before posting.

Blank AC Game editor

Haha this is embarrassing. Ok So I recently got AC and started the AC 3d Primer tutorial and ran into an issue where after completing the new game wizard (around the 3 minute mark of the 3d primer tutorial) the AC game editor window is blank and doesn't have any tabs. Using Unity 2022.2.5 URP core. no warnings or exceptions are thrown. Tried re-doing the wizard and that doesnt work. this is the second project Ive started. Next will be using the standard 3D core and see if that has issues.

Comments

• So I used the standard 3D project instead of URP and the AC game editor DID populate with all the game tabs.

• Recommended to use it with the 2021 version, because other versions can change a lot and break assets.

• Thank you, does 2021 version matter?

• edited February 2023

I don't think the last digit matters much, i'm on 2021.3.15f and everything works fine with URP, but i think the latest of this version should be fine. Just install the recommended version in the hub, that should be 2021.3.18f right now.

Sometimes they change things in the big editor versions e.g. 2021 to 2022 and things just don't work, have additional problems because they are early access versions and the code of the assets has to be modified.
    That's why it's always recommended to stay on an LTS version. Try to recreate it there, or open your project with a 2021 install, and look if it changes anything.

• Welcome to the community, @happyskies.

Agreed with @snan regarding Unity's LTS version as being the safest to use, though the AC Game Editor / New Game Wizard shouldn't be affected by what render pipeline you're using.

I'll attempt a recreation with the details you've given - thanks for sharing.

Once the Wizard process is complete, you should see a new folder in your Project window matching the name you supplied. Inside that, there should be a "ManagerPackage" asset file. If your Managers are not properly assigned in your AC Game Editor, you can double-click this file to do so.

If you can share screenshots of how your Project window and AC Game Editor look following the issue, I'll try to see what's going on.

• To update: I've tried running the NGW in 2022.2 with URP core, but I'm afraid it didn't cause any issue on my end.

If things are working for you now with Unity LTS, feel free to disregard this and carry on - but I'll be here if you wish to send screenshots to look into this further.