Forum rules - please read before posting.

Prefix Cursor Labels

Hi,

I am working on a project that has interaction and then hotspot as the interaction method. I also have the verbs prefixed to the hotspot text and I have the appear type of the hotspot set to "On Hotspot". The problem I am running into is that I want the hotspot text to only be shown when the mouse is in fact hovering over a hotspot. But if I have the verbs prefixed, they always show regardless of this. So I would get "look at door" if hovering over a door with the look cursor selected, but would get simply "look" if I am not hovering over any hotspot. I'd prefer for nothing to be shown in the latter case.

Is this the default functionality and, if so, how could I override it?

Selene

Comments

• edited February 2020

It is the default functionality - though I understand the argument for an alternative.

You should be able to override it, however, by locking the Menu whenever you aren't hovering over a Hotspot, and when the Hotspot label isn't set by a Menu:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class LockHotspotMenuExample : MonoBehaviour
    {

Menu hotspotMenu;

void Start ()
        {
            hotspotMenu = PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("Hotspot");  
        }

void Update ()
        {
            if (KickStarter.playerInteraction.GetActiveHotspot () == null &&
                KickStarter.playerMenus.GetHotspotLabel () == KickStarter.playerInteraction.InteractionLabel)
            {
                hotspotMenu.isLocked = true;
            }
            else
            {
                hotspotMenu.isLocked = false;
            }
        }

}

• Couldn't try this until now, but it worked. Thanks.