Forum rules - please read before posting.

IsGrounded staying checked when jumping

edited November 2019 in Technical Q&A

There is an old thread about this here https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/7744/isgrounded-staying-checked-when-jumping

I'm using the latest version of AC and Unity 2018.4.2f1 LTS.

I managed to fix this by putting a PlayVertical() call in the PlayJump() function on AnimEngine_Mecanim.

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty (player.jumpParameter)) { character.GetAnimator ().SetBool (player.jumpParameter, true); PlayVertical(); }

Could anybody advise on this? Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2019

This is likely a bug - perhaps more than one was involved last time, and not all were addressed. I'll look into it further.

• Thank you, I hope it's nothing big, seems to be working at the moment. Let me know if you need any further info.

• edited February 2020

Just checking the status on this bug, it still hasn't been fixed in the latest version?

Edit: It seems to be working, I had the player holding an object on the same layer as the ground check layer!

• PlayVertical is called every frame.

Can you share more about your actual situation, including screens of the character's full Inspector and way their animations are set up?