Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person, switching to 3rd person cameraduring cutscene not working

Hey guys, I'm having trouble switching from a first person camera to a third person camera during a cut scene. I appreciate a form of this question has been asked already but it hasn't helped resolve my issue.

Basically, when the player enters a trigger volume, I'm triggering a cutscene (which I can see is being triggered). The cutscene does the following:

1. Runs a Camera Switch Action. Again, I can see this is happening as the camera gizmo is moving to the correct position in the scene
2. Adds an object to the scene. Again, this is being done
3. Engine :Wait for 10 seconds. Again this is being done.

So I seem to be missing the ability to tell the game to use the cutscene camera, rather than the first person camera (I can see when the camera is moving during the cutscene, that the camera component on the cutscene camera isn't being checked). I've tried adding an Engine: Manage systems action and turning movement method to 'off' but again, this doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something simple!.

Thanks

Comments

• BTW I should add that the trigger properties are set to Pause Gameplay (I see other folks who have had this issue have forgotten this)
  • Should also add, my First Person Camera is set as the default camera in settings. And looking in scene mode, I can see a camera gizmo move towards my 'target' camera when I trigger the cutscene. So it appears there's just something stopping it from switching from my in game first person cam, to the other camera I've set up for the cutscene. Does it need a special tag? Do I need to disable the players first person camera?

Thanks!
  • Please post the version numbers of both Unity and AC.

The First Person Camera need not be assigned as the scene's default - it will be set to that automatically whenever in gameplay and using First Person movement.

A simple test on my end caused no issue - make sure your Engine: Manage systems Action is placed before the Camera: Switch Action.  Test with just those two Actions to start with.  Also, make sure that your MainCamera is still separate from your First Person Camera, i.e. the FPC has no MainCamera tag or component.

To rule out the possibility of this being related to the way your FPC / Player is configured, temporarily disable your Player and drop in the 3D Demo's, Tin Pot and run the scene.  He's also configured to work in First Person, and can be found in Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources
  • Hey Chris thanks for the response. The issue I had was that the Camera component on the player prefab was enabled - as soon as I unticked this, everything worked as expected.

Thanks for the response!