Forum rules - please read before posting.

Win10 store and Xbox One support

I read in manual that these platforms are not supported. Can you explain why? I mean maybe there is a chance to make AC run there, so our programmers could write something to make it happen? Or there is something in AC structure that cant allow this.

Comments

• To be clear: by "not supported" I'm referring to them not being guaranteed to work - it doesn't mean they definitely won't.

Windows 10 store has had issues with necessary libraries to compile AC, and I don't have a XBox One devkit to guarantee support for.  It's certainly possible for you to try it though.  The main issue when building for unsupported platforms is the save system - different platforms have different save limitations (i.e. where save files are written to, what format etc).

With the latest AC release (v1.59), the save format and file handling is relegated to separate classes - and you can implement your own custom classes to override them.  See Section 9.9 of the Manual for more on this ability.