Forum rules - please read before posting.

PLaying "one shot " is not working

Hello,

I'm trying to play a voiceover clip on a hotspot.
I'm using an Action List.
When i set "sound/play/myclip", it works
When i set "sound/play one shot/myclip" it's not working.

Is there any reason for that ( the folder where i did put the sound files ? the type of the sound file ?).
For sure i could use sound/play, but then i have to create several sound objects to make it work.
Thanks for your advices !

Comments

• Check that your SFX volume is turned up, and that you've set a Position in the Action's UI.  If no Position is set, it'll be played at the origin (0,0,0), and may not be audible if the camera is too far away.
  • it's working  if the position is set, thanks for the help !
    But i have another issue , a bit similar to http://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/comment/12764/

Most of the time, there is no sound , unless i open the menu and go back to the game. And then , all the audio files that should have been played because of hotspots do play in a row.
    I m using the last version of unity ( i had the same issue with the previous versions)
    I'm using the first person view and the audio listener of the camera is always on.
  • edited September 2017
    "Most of the time" meaning what, that some sounds always play or all sounds sometimes play?

Are any other plugins / assets installed that may be conflicting?  See my suggestion about commenting out AudioListener.pause in AC's code to see if removing any/all fixes it.

What about the 3D / 2D Demos?   Do they play audio OK?  If so, what steps are necessary to change that?
  • well, during the demos the sound is ok.
    Commenting out AudioListener.pause in AC's code did fix the issue.
    But then, the audio clips are running even during the pause.
    I had several assets in my project and i guess that i didnt clean them up correctly , i will try to make a clean installation again ( i have random errors with triggering also) and check if the problem remains.
    Thanks for your help !

• But then, the audio clips are running even during the pause

Sure, that's why the code is there.  Comment them out one-by-one, and we can find out which one is causing the problem.

Also be sure to try v1.59a - I included a tweak that may fix the problem.