Forum rules - please read before posting.

Upgrading to Unity 2017.1.0

I downloaded the latest update of Unity but I seem to fail to open my game again.

After the update the project features a lot of errors, for example:

* Assertion failed: Removing Assets/Urban Test/Scripts because the asset does not exist
Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs(263,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `InteractiveCloth' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
* Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs(306,50): error CS0841: A local variable `interactiveCloths' cannot be used before it is declared

I downloaded the latest update to AdventureCreator as well, and after re-import the project compiled but it doesn't behave as before (e.g. nav mesh doesn't work and more)

My Question is - is there an upgrade tutorial somewhere or general directions how to handle updates like this? I previously handled the updates pretty easily so now I'm kind of stuck

Comments

• What version were you upgrading from?

The errors you were recieving were due to that version's incompatibility with Unity 2017, but the latest releases fixes it.  Did you save anything or make changes to it before upgrading AC?

The "Upgrade notes" section of each release is listed in the Changelog file - you must always go through them thoroughly after updating, and also for the releases in between if you jumped a few.  That section lists any changes made to AC that you need to be aware of.

When it comes to upgrading between Unity releases and AC at the same time, however, you should update AC first and then Unity - otherwise you may get the errors such as the ones you reported.

As for the problems you're now facing, please describe them fully so that we can help you address them.
  • Hello,

I'm with a similar problem, but it's in the first installation, not upgrade. I'm using Unity 2017.1.0 and when I enter in Unity Asset Store and click the button "Open in Unity" nothing happens here. May you help me, please?

Thank you very much,
    Rogério 
  • edited August 2017
    Welcome to the community, @rbiondi.

Does this occur with all assets available to you, or just AC?  This actually sounds like an issue with the Asset Store, rather than AC.

Try importing it from the "Downloads" page available from the Asset Store's top toolbar, as opposed to the AC store page.  If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll have to contact Unity about it as it will be an issue on their end.  You can reach them at assetstore@unity3d.com.
  • edited August 2017
    Thank you very much, Chris.

It seems to be a problem with asset store, not AC. I went to Unity Asset Store, went to My Account / Downloads and clicked in button there. Now it's just working fine! Thank you very much for your care and help.

Best regards,
    Rogerio
  • Thanks, the issue here was to do the upgrades in the correct order, Thanks @ChrisIceBox for the tip