Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crafting Question

Hi Chris

Quick question, I have been working with the crafting menu but I want to make it simpler. Is there anyway I can drag and drop an inventory item within the inventory tab on to another item and have it create an output?

We don't want a separate menu to conduct crafting but have it within the inventory bar?

Comments

• Sure - just modify your Inventory menu by adding two Crafting elements.  One for the recipes, one for the resulting item.  See the updated Manual for more on Crafting elements.
  • Thanks Chris!!!
  • edited September 2017
    Hey pal

Quick Question

Updated AC and my game cameras are all broken.... any ideas what it could be? I have tried re-doing the cameras and its still broken. Here is a link to a screenie https://1drv.ms/i/s!AslBOMpVyXCqhd88vxDrMWAH82lrVw
  • I'm afraid that doesn't show enough - the game window suggests that "Nav" is active, but what are it's settings?   What are its Inspector values, and what happens when you change them?  In what way, specifically, are they broken?
  • Hi Chris

Sorry I will try add more. I loaded in a new camera completely with default settings and the camera still broke. When I change the values it still appears that way. It only broke when I updated Unity and Adventure Creator. I will send you some more camera shots when I get home this evening that reflect more of it's settings 

Thanks again for always being on hand....
  • Again: in what way, specifically, are they broken?  And which version of Unity exactly are you using?

Your image shows that the "Maximum" constrain value is smaller than your "Minimum".
  • edited September 2017
    something seemed to have broken on the unity update (2017.1.1f1) so I rolled back to a previous version of our game and everything works. Really puzzling, it would seem my camera settings had completely broke on the update. 
  • Rolled back to a previous version of AC or Unity, and to which number?
  • UPDATE: I've recreated this bug, it's present in v1.59b onwards.  A fix will be out shortly.
  • edited October 2017
    Sorry Chris, only saw this now. I rolled back on my build of my game (always great to keep tons of backups). Unity version and AC version did not change.

I am glad you managed to re-create the bug, thanks for all your help as always!

Curious, what caused the bug?

Lastly apologies for not being incredibly descriptive in my poor attempt at explaining things, I will make sure moving onwards to give as much info as possible 
  • No problem.

The bug was due to the introduction of smoother camera movement, whereby the Vertical movement's offset value was still accounted for even if it was locked.
  • Ah OK interesting. Will update when the fix is out, thanks again Chris.
  • Already is: v1.56e addresses the issue.