Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mouse cursor reset issues

edited July 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

In this message are screens of my cursor setup, settings manager and a video showing the following behavior (clicks are highlighted by a black circle, only left clicks were used in this movie):
- normal cursor
- hovering on an off the plant hotspot (showing the highlight cursor form in action)
- picking up an item (doll)
- clicking on item in inventory (cursor changes to item image)
- hovering with item over same plant hotspot (so far everything works as intended)
- left clicking several times with item outside plant hotspot (player char moves, but mouse does not change to default cursor image)
- hovering (not clicking!) over plant hotspot again - only now mouse change from item image to highlight image.
- exiting plant hotspot -> mouse is back to default image.

Same behavior would occur if I have used right click instead of left.
am I missing something? or is this a glitch?
Thanks

Comments

• Try it with Software cursor rendering.  When in the Editor, Unity sometimes doesn't update changes to the cursor graphic, depending on your platform.

Also, check that this is occuring with Hardware rendering in builds.
  • The problem with software rendering is that it puts the cursor tip at the center (instead of the top left, in my case).
    Is there a way to control the position of the cursor tip in software editing?
  • That's only by default - you can modify the Click offset field to change where the cursor's "click point" is located.