Forum rules - please read before posting.

Reset cursor after inventory interactions

Hi,

This may sound like a silly doubt/issue, but it's been bothering me for the last few days.

I'm trying to emulate the classic LucasArts point-and-click interface (interaction -> hotspot), which means that the cursor should be reset to default (or walk) after every interaction and/or after clicking on a blank space.

I easily managed to set the game options that way and it's working just fine with hotspot/NPC interactions, but whenever I interact with an inventory item, the cursor won't reset. Imagine you want to 'Look at scissors'. The linked asset Action List will run properly, but then the cursor will keep set as 'Look at' instead of going back to the default one.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it because the cursor reset option only works with In Scene interactions or is there an inventory specific option?

Thanks for bothering to read this.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @KevapAerero.

It could well be a bug - it works for items when that option is made availabe when using Choose Hotspot Then Interaction mode.  I shall look into it for you and address as appropriate in the next update.
  • I have the same/similar issue.
    Clicking on an item in the inventory switches the default cursor image and functionality to that item (which is desired). Clicking on a non-hotspot region in the screen or right clicking - DOES reset mouse *functionality* to as if not holding the item - however, the *image* of the cursor does NOT reset  back to the default one. At this point only moving the mouse to hover any hotspot, which will cause it to change to the hotspot image, will then enable it to resume to default image after exiting to a non-hotspot region.

This is indeed really confusing and will be wonderful if fixed.
  • @Mutajon: That is a separate issue, but not enough detail is given for me to address it.  Please start a new thread detailing your full interface settings, with screenshots to illustrate the issue and I can look into it.
  • Thank you Chris! You know we really appreciate your continued support and development of AC.

Cheers.