Forum rules - please read before posting.

Modifying Length of Menu Fade Time

Hello,
I am working on a project and want to increase the amount of time it takes for the menu's, made in the AC Game Editor window, to fade out. I have searched online and through the forums but couldn't find anything to do it there. I did not find anything in the settings to increase this. I work primarily in the games logic, so I apologize if I have just failed to look in an obvious area.
Best,
R

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @ElChacal.

A Menu's transition duration is determined by the Transition time (s) slider in its properties within the Menu Manager.  To find it, click the "Menu" tab in the main AC Game Editor window, select the name of the Menu you want to edit, and its properties will be listed beneath.

Are you looking to lengthen it beyond the slider's upper limit, or just change it from the default value?
  • Thank you for the quick response!
    I didn't notice that section of properties while looking into it. Getting past the upper limit would be nice as well, because there are a few things I want to have running in the background while the menu fades out.
    Best,
    R
  • Such as?

To have something occur while a Menu fades out, you can use either the Menu's ActionList when turn off asset file, or hook into the OnMenuTurnOff event - see this tutorial.
  • Oh I don't have an issue with getting things to run in the background. However, in the instance that we want a longer fade than the default maximum is. In this instance, in retrospect, I don't think I'll need it to be any longer since the things in the ActionList turned out to run fairly quickly. But for future reference it might come in handy.
    Thank you for the prompt assistance, and my apologies for the long response time. 
    Best,
    R