Forum rules - please read before posting.

maybe a bug: Menu and scene with same name

Hi,

I found something strange which might be a bug. Perhaps this needs further investigation. Not sure.

I have s scene called mainmenu and I have a menu named mainmenu.

The scene mainmenu just shows the menu mainmenu ;-)

When the scene is first called from another sceen with switch sceen/by name/mainmenu everything works fine and as expected, but

when after the mainmenu scene another scene is loaded and that scene opens the pause menu and within the pause menu I start a action script with switch sceen/by name/mainmenu

the mainmenu scene is loaded, but the startup script is not run and instead only a blank screen with the mainmenu menu is shown ;-)

Hope this is not to complicated. An easy solution for me was to rename the scene from mainmenu to mainmenuscene and now everything works as expected.

I would have uploaded the game scripts for review but its part of a really big game now ;-)

I don't think this bug is very important, but I thought I should let you guys know.

regards
Mirko

Comments

• Thank you.  Is your mainmenu Menu drawn with Unity UI or Adventure Creator?
  • Hi,
    sorry for the delayed response, but I was on vacation ;-)

Menu is drawn with Adventure Creator

regards
    Mirko

• That's fine.  You mention startup scripts and game scripts - are you referring to your own custom code?  I can't recreate any such behaviour - is there any more detail to be shared?
  • Hi,
    the OnStart ActionList only uses std AdventureCreator stuff like fade in fade out start music ...
    nothing special.

But I toggled the breakpoint option on the first item in that OnStart ActionList and when the mainmenu scene was fist called the breakpoint stopped execution.

But when the mainmenu scene was called from an action script executed by the pause menu, the breakpoint was never reached.

I think that error is and was pretty strange and somehow special :-) .
    I would not invest too much time into that as long as noone else does report something similar.

btw I just found another glitch ;-) but I will start a new thread for that.

regards
    Mirko