Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera

Hi,
i have a Asset called CameraTransitions with some really cool camera transition effects.I used it in another project without AC and it worked.But in a project with AC it doesn't work.Seems as if AC doesn't support it.Am i right.
Thanks for help.

Comments

• Unfortunately you'll likely have to ignore AC's camera system if you plan to use this asset. All GameCameras are just avatars or dummies. They aren't really displaying anything during runtime (you'll see the Camera component in them gets disabled). The MainCamera is the only one which is really active at runtime (it's simply copying the position and rotation and other settings from the active GameCamera). This way you avoid some issues related to camera usage, and it helps to ease-in/out between camera positions (Cinemachine uses the same method), but it also means all transition effects need to be done directly in the MainCamera. 

To use it with AC's camera system you'd need to make sure the effect works only the main camera (currently it's asking you for two normal cameras). You may want to ask the author of that asset for assistance (I guess if you know what method runs the effect you may be able to use it in a custom action). Else you'd need to use regular cameras (but you'll need to make sure the right one is on at the right time). 

Also, if you have your own camera system you can also use that instead (you should be able to turn off AC's camera system as far as I remember).
  • Use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable the Camera system before the transition occurs, and try a transition from your MainCamera to whatever new camera you want.

When the transition is complete, use the same Action to re-enable the Camera system, followed by a Camera: Switch Action to instantly switch the AC MainCamera to that same new camera.
  • edited May 2017
    Eh? So disabling the Camera System re-enables the GameCameras' Camera component? I did not know that... 
  • It doesn't - sorry for the confusion.

It just stops the MainCamera from taking control over all else.  I don't know if the third-party asset requires that the GameCamera's Camera component be active or not, but if it does then that will need to be activated with a simple custom Action or script to basically run:

AC.KickStarter.mainCamera.attachedCamera.GetComponent <Camera>().enabled = true;
  • Ok.I tried it.The transition works but after the transitions something is wrong.Hotspots are not shown anymore or shown somewhere else.If i point and click east my player goes west.
    Thanks for help.