Forum rules - please read before posting.

need a hotspot that displays no text nor cursor

I have several objects (cards) on a grid on  screen. Each has a default material: black. 
Each has a Hotspot and when I click it an interaction MaterialChange changes its material to a card value (say Ace spades)  for 2 seconds then it changes back to its default material.

I have done this already but I cannot block the cursor icon nor the display of the hotspot name.
I know it could be done with script but what the heck that's why I use AC.
Can you help?

Comments

• Under the hotspot's label, tap the space bar once.  That will take away the label.  As for making the cursor disappear... You could change the "cursor to display" to the primary game cursor (a pointing arrow for example?) instead of one of your other hotspot type cursors.  Or you might try to define a new cursor with no texture/ sprite assigned, which would potentially leave it blank (I haven't tried that one).  There is also a way to temporarily disable your cursor through the Engine Managements system in an action list...

Hope some of that helps.

Isaac
  • Thanks. That solves the hotspot label from showing but the second part is not a good solution for me. I would like to just click to flip the card over. I suppose you have seen some of the Memory Game with cards. I will have to implement this with script and forget about hotspots in this scene of mine. Hope I can find an easy script since I am not so good with it.
  • @zeek's solutions for changing the cursor are what I would have suggested - what is wrong with them for you, exactly?
  • I always had trouble with adding a cursor of my own and keep on having it..
    I go to Cursor Manager and Create new Cursor.
    It shows Icon Id : 4
    Icon Label:  (I call it Blank)
    I do not select Texture

It is accepted but when I invoke this Cursor it does not accept mouse clicking.

• Invoke this Cursor as in selecting it for a Hotspot's "Use button"?  The graphic of a Cursor should have no bearing on the mouse's ability to click.
  • I tried this case several times in the past and it never worked. And there is no margin of errors in the simple instructions to accomplish it unless there is something else that has to be made.

I click at Create New Icon  under Interaction icons in Cursor Management.
    it creates a new cursor menu , assign the next icon ID number (4) and I call it Icon 5
    I enter the name of this Icon 5 in the Use Interactions Cursor in my Hotspot.

Doesn't click.

I only have to change the Icon 5 with  one of the standard Cursors Use, Hand ,etc instead of my Icon 5  in the Hotspot and it allows clicking .
  • Cannot recreate - be sure that you are using the latest release.  Are you using Hardware or Software cursor rendering, and are Hotspot labels still showing correctly when hovering over them?
  • I am using AC 1.56 g and Unity 5.51f1
    I have had this problem from time  immemorial it was one of the first questions I had for you months and months ago.
    I have use Software and hardware rendering in the Cursor manager I have experimented it in several PC's and with different projects: I have create icon 5 with and without a texture  and when I hover over it does show the label  but it simply does  not allow me to click on it.
  • edited May 2017
    Do you have a link to that thread?  I apologise if it was left unresolved by I don't recall leaving such an issue open.

Please attempt the same steps in the 3D Demo, with the 3D Demo's managers assigned.  I am using that same project to try to recreate the problem, but cannot find any such issue so far.  The first thing we must do is determine if this is unique to your project.
  • I have made the same with your 3D demo which includes the Demo Cursor Manager. When i hover over your Console Hotspot I see the circle and whatever text I place in the Label section of the Hotspot, but I CANNOT CLICK .
    Again to create the new Cursor I just click the button Create New Cursor or also I click at the + sign next to one of existing Cursors and it does create the new icon  
  • edited May 2017
    The Console as in from the 3D tutorial?  What's your Interaciton method?  If you're seeing the ring appear, then it'll be set to Choose Hotspot Then Interaction - in which case, only your "Main cursor" graphic will be used by the pointer - the rest will be used inside your Interaction menu.

As this issue is about cursor icons, be sure to set your Interaction method to Context Sensitive so that the ring does not appear but your cursor should change instead.

However, I'm not sure about the intention behind all this.  How is the player going to know where the cursor is if you're hiding it when you want to click?  Again, a link to your previous thread will help me to understand this.

Please post your Settings and Cursor Managers so that we can see exactly what you have.  This new issue you mention about icons not being created in the Cursor Manager - are you using the tutorial's Managers or your own?

Please try this all in a fresh project, without any of your own script assets.  You can use the 3D Demo, rather than the tutorial, for a faster install - as I am still not able to reproduce your issue we have to see if anything in your project may be conflicting.
  • SOLVED. OK the problem is solved I knew it would have to be something basic. I just changed the Settings to Context Sensitive. In this project I have the Windows cursor on so I know where I am when I click one of the cards.  >:D<