Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation or dialogue not working

edited May 2017 in Engine development
Hello to all

I recently run in with the following error in unity5.5.1f1 Personal (64 bits), with adventure creator version 1.55a:

There is a conversation that should pop after a dialogue option, and it is not (instead, it is looping back to the conversation that came previously). To explain further, I have a conversation (say A), and it has three different choices. One of the choices is linked to a dialogue option, which in turn links to another conversation (say B). But, when I play the game, after the dialogue option runs, the game returns me to A (worth noting, the other dialogue options for conversation A leads me to the correct conversation, in fact one of them leads to B allright). 

So given that, I do not think the problem lies with conversation B, since it can be reached through a different dialogue option. Maybe something to do with the weird error posted above?

Tell me if you need anything else, thanks in advance!

UPDATE**

I have now tried to tied that dialogue option to several conversations, and they all fail (it returns to the previous no exception).

Also, I created a new dialogue option, and made that replace the apparently faulty one, but it has the same problem.

SECOND UPDATE**

Changed the OnFinished option of conversation A from Return to conversation to Stop, and it fixed the problem. Still don't know why every other dialogue option linked to conversation A worked except the third one.

Comments

• Which dialogue option was set to "Return to conversation" and is now "Stop"?  That's a per-dialogue field, not a global Conversation one.

It sounds like whatever issue is there will be to do with the Actions or properties in the DialogueOption ActionList itself - if you can post some images of those, we may be able to see what's going on.  An image to clarify what field you changed would be great as well, thanks.
  • edited May 2017
    Ahh, yes, that was the problem with that. I though it was a global option for the conversation, my bad! (feel free to close this issue)