Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Icon alpha issue

I have a scene with four hotspots and when I run the scene I get this message for three of them:

"! Cannot display correct Hotspot Icon alpha  on <hotspot name> because it has no associated Highlight object."

In spite of the fact that I followed the tutorial on hotspot creation and not wanting a highlight object, this seems very strange.

Also, the fourth hotspot is looks identical to the other three but triggers no message.

It doesn't stop the scene being played but the messages are coming up every cycle and quickly rattles up into the thousands.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Steve_Ince!

The Highlight component is used to calculate the value of both the Hotspot highlight effect and the icon's alpha value, so it is necessary to assign one as the message implies.
    Assigning a Highlight component does not mean you have to have your Hotspot light up - just uncheck Auto-brighten materials? in its Inspector and it will have no visible effect on the Hotspot itself.

As for the fourth one, there must be a difference either in it's Inspector, or in the way it is selected in the scene (screen position, colliders in the way, etc).  If you can post some images that relate to it, we can try to see what the matter is.
  • Thanks, Chris.  This put me on the right track and I've fixed the problem.

As for the fourth one - it overlapped the edges of the camera view if that makes a difference.

Cheers