Forum rules - please read before posting.

bug: "Export text..." on speech settings

Hi! 

I just found a little bug on "Export file..." on "Speech" settings, in one particular scenario the field "AssociatedObject" is not filled properly. The steps to reproduce are:

1) Create any ActionList/Interaction/Cutscene.
2) Create an action: Dialogue -> "Play Speech".
3) Select any Character and any text.
4) Then duplicate this action (copy/paste) and check "Player line" and change the "line text"
5) Into the speech settings, regenerate the excel: gather text and then "export text"
6) Add the column "Associated Object" to the excel

Result: The column "Associated Object" was not filled correctly.

The strange thing is that the "Game text" list, on the "Speech" settings assign correctly each text to each character.

Thanks!

Comments

• Thanks for the report, will be addressed in v1.57.
  • I couldn't reproduce.

What does "The column "Associated Object" was not filled correctly." mean?

I'm in the middle of vocal recording via exported text csv files.
    Do I have a problem?
  • The "Associated Object" field shows the name of the speaking character in a CSV file.  The issue reported is that, depending on your settings, the field will not be set to "Player" when it should be.  This doesn't occur for all cases, and is only an issue with the cell text upon export - not with the data itself.
  • Thx for the info.
    I'm using the exported csv for vocal recordings at the moment.
    I'll just keep my eyes open when doing the player vocals.
  • Could you please add the actionlist_name as exportable column?
  • I'll consider it.  Be aware that if a Speech Action is commented, that will already be transferred to the Speech Manager, and this can be exported via the "Description" column.
  • Actually, unlikely.  A similar feature is already available - see "Speech tags" in Section 10.3 of the Manual.
  • I don't think speech tags are needed when the script I use for the recording is sorted like in the game.

Example:
    I have 500 speech files for NPC-A
    split up in 30 action-lists/cutscenes
    the speech ids are wildly mixed up.

at the moment the speech lines can't be ordered like they occur in the cutscenes 
    (via numbers or excel)
    If I could export the colums like this
    speechid, charactername, scene, actionlist/cutscene_name, action-id, text

I could simply sort by the cutscene and the right order (action-id).
    This way the voice actor knows what it is about and it makes sense to him or her.
    Which positiviely affects the sentiment of the recording (like is it happy, sad, demanding) in relation of the text that came before.
  • I don't think speech tags are needed when the script I use for the recording is sorted like in the game.
    Example:
    I have 500 speech files for NPC-A
    split up in 30 action-lists/cutscenes
    the speech ids are wildly mixed up.

at the moment the speech lines can't be ordered like they occur in the cutscenes 
    (via numbers or excel)
    If I could export the colums like this
    speechid, charactername, actionlist/cutscene_name, action-id, text

I could simply sort by the cutscene and the right order (action-id).
    This way the voice actor knows what it is about and it makes sense to him or her.
    Which positiviely affects the sentiment of the recording (like is it happy, sad, demanding) in relation of the text/speaker that came before.
  • No more columns can be made, but I'll make it so that descriptions are set to the ActionList's name by default if not overridden by the Action comment feature.
  • edited May 2017
    That's a great idea!
    If you also add the action-id with preceding zeros we are able to sort the speechlines exactly like in the cutscene and it will make sense to the voice-actors because they have the complete story not loose sentences and words. They will be in the "flow".

sortable example descriptions:

cutscene_or_actionliste_nameXY:0000000
    cutscene_or_actionliste_nameXY:0000011
    cutscene_or_actionliste_nameXY:0000023
    cutscene_or_actionliste_nameXY:0000033

cutscene_or_actionliste_nameAA:0000003
    cutscene_or_actionliste_nameAA:0000013
    cutscene_or_actionliste_nameAA:0000034
    cutscene_or_actionliste_nameAA:0000050

• edited May 2017
    I just noticed my suggestion has a flaw.
    won't work.
    as the action-ids are not in the right order either.

well at least it is sortable with the cutscene although the speech lines will be mixed up
    unless the skip connections are considered and a new order number is introduced.
  • The ID will rarely be in the right order, but the Actions themselves are "gathered up" in the order as they appear in the Inspector.
  • edited May 2017
    oh the inspector is based on the ids 0 to n
    so not in the right order
  • Thx 157a.
    Actionlist sorting the speechlines helps a lot.
    Not every recording is perfect and the closer the vocal recordings are together the better it sounds.