Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot Play Animation Clip

edited April 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris,

I am new to AC and Unity. i have followed your tutorial step by step (2D Tutorial) and repeated the video a couple of times to make sure i didnt miss anything.

The issue i am having is that my Character animation is not working. i am using the demo folders for testing.

i am getting the error Cannot Play Animation Clip (example: BrianIdle_R) on MyPlayer.

i am using unity 5.6 Personal and AC 1.56

could you please advise what could be causing this issue? 

the only difference i found is that when i drop the animations. the Start automatically connects to BrianIdle_D Animation. Exit is not connected to Anything.

I have tried to load the Demo, and the Demo is working fine. 

Thank you 

Yazan

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Welcome to the Adventure creator forums @Yazanova.

Well, if the demo works fine it's most likely an issue with the way you've setup the Player script or the animator. It would be really helpful if you could post some screenshots showing your Player settings and also your animator setup. If you are using the demo animations make sure the Player is set to use Sprites Unity as the animation engine. Also remember you can change which animation state is the default by right clicking a state and setting it as Default. 

I also advice you to check Unity's video tutorials about animation (specially the ones under Controlling Animation, and specially the animator controller video). 
  • edited April 2017
    Hi, 

Thanks for your response.

here are a couple of screenshot of my settings

• ok i figured it out. 

Thanks Alverik, the issue was i had incorrect animation names created. different than what i configured under the player. now its working.

• Glad to hear that you got it working. Cheers!