Forum rules - please read before posting.

Choose Starting Character

I have a concept for a 3rd person game and would like the player to be able to choose from 1 male or 1 female character.

Is there a way within AC to do this fairly easily or would it require scripting?  And if it requires scripting, would someone be kind enough provide such a script as I am not a coder.

Thank you!

Comments

• edited April 2017
    First Setup a single scene where you'll let the player choose, which will only run when the game starts first (after the player hits "new game").

Then place the two characters in the scene, but, use them as either NPCs or regular objects (you don't want to put the player versions here). Now just put a Hotspot script on each and set each with a cutscene/actionlist which will change the scene and do a Player:switch to the desired player. You can make this scene point and click so the player can just click on them (using Engine:ManageSystems, tick "Change movement method"), just remember to change to whatever control method you want once the player chooses. For the purpose of this scene, to avoid warnings about missing player, you'll probably want to create an extra character in the settings manager and leave it blank (if I recall, it's so that you'll have a blank player, for title screens and stuff, and the others which will be the actual player characters).
  • Thank you very much Alverik!