Forum rules - please read before posting.

Font Vertical Spacing. (How to prevent my text from overlapping?)

Hiya.
I chosen a specific font for my game subtitle text, but certain letters tend to overlap vertically.   Is there a way to manually adjust this spacing?  I can only find ways to adjust the text box containers, not the text itself?

Comments

• edited April 2017
    I would recommend switching to Unity UI for more advanced text options like this, as stated often by Chris, AC's own UI rendering method is thought mostly for prototyping. In the Menu manager you can tell AC if the menu will use AC, UGUI in prefab or UGUI in scene to present the menu. (Here's an example from the text tutorials of how to connect UGUI to AC and also an example from the video tutorials).

The downside is that you'll have to learn how to create your own menu using standard unity tools, but it's worth the effort (because your imagination is the limit of your design if you do that). Unity's Text component already has a Line Spacing option where you can set the line spacing by just typing the number you want. (Here's Unity's first tutorial on UI components, watch the ones under UI Components if you want)

For even more advanced options you can try Textmesh Pro, an asset Unity bought recently (and which will someday be integrated into unity), which provides lots more functionality for text display. If you decide to try it, here is the AC integration page from the AC wikia.