Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug: "Wait until finish" hangs if another ActionList finishes executing

Hi,

I may have run across a bug. This is a bit long so please bear with me. I have set up a clue system for my game that has a timer loop for when this timer (Integer variable) reaches a certain number the rest of the Actionlist will execute and queue up the next Journal page which has a clue. This Actionlist is run in the background. My issue seems to be when I am also trying to run another action along side this one that has a timed "Wait until finish" option in the Actionlist.

For example, Fade Camera: Fade Out for 1.5 sec with "Wait until finish" checked followed by the action Engine: Quit Game. If the first Actionlist (clue loop) finishes executing during the window the Fade Camera: Fade Out "Wait until finish" action is running, the game hangs on the "Wait until finish" action. The game will stay frozen until I click the mouse where it will continue the fade until it is finished and then execute the Quit Game action. Sometimes I have to click multiple times to get the Fade Out to complete if the clue loop AL finishes executing early in the Fade Camera action timer.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the clue loop Actionlist actions since I have done several tests to try and isolate the which action inside the AL could be the culprit and none of them seem to be causing the issue. I could be wrong, but I've tested this pretty thoroughly.

When testing this bug with the "List active Actionlists in Game window" option checked under Settings I notice both AL run simultaneously no problem, but the game hangs immediately after the clue loop AL is finished executing which makes me think, if there's nothing wrong within the clue loop Actionlist then the issue lies somewhere after it has completed executing. Maybe somewhere in the "Wait until finish" command or action?

This bug is kind of rare since things have to line up just right in order for the clue loop AL to finish within a timed "Wait until finish" action, but it looks like it can be critical as I have seen it freeze the game when doing a Camera Crossfade with "Wait until finish" checked and no amount of clicking could unfreeze the game after that.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• edited April 2017
    And the ActionLists don't make references to one another?  In which version of AC?

I can't recreate any such issue from your description.  Can you provide screenshots or a .unitypackage file?  If you can create a series of ActionList assets that reproduce the error consistently (i.e. one that runs two others that cause the issue), please PM them to me.