Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sound doesn't work until I press ESC

Hello!

Bit of a weird one. Sound in my game doesn't work until I press ESC to bring up the menu then ESC again to get rid of it then sound works.

I'm using a custom controller with a custom camera that has a basic camera script attached.

Cheers. 

Comments

• Try to rely on AC's MainCamera for your rendering.  You can still use a custom camera, but have AC attach the MainCamera to it like it does any other GameCamera via Actions / Scene Manager.  Attaching the "_Camera" component to it will enable AC's various UI fields to make use of it.
  • I am using ACs main camera for rendering. My actual "camera" is untagged and has an AC script on it (can't quite remember which) to move the MainCamera around with it. 

I think I deleted the MainCamera while trying to get the custom controller to work with AC and had to recreate it so maybe I did that wrong? Is there a Prefab I can use to recreate it?  
  • I just checked my camera has the "camera" script on and my main camera has the "main camera" script. They seem to work fine except for the sound.
  • edited March 2017
    I just realised I didn't have my camera put into the default in my scene settings but when I do it tells me "main camera doesn't have a main camera component" when it does. Doesn't change the sound situation though. 
  • Have you removed the Audio Listener component from your custom camera?  Unity only allows for one in the scene, and the MainCamera should already have one.
  • There was an audio listener on there but it was unticked. I've removed it entirely and now it works! Thanks. 
  • Actually it still doesn't work until I press ESC unless I have "maximise on play" selected. So hopefully that means it will work when it's playing a build and just not in the editor. 
  • I don't know why I thought it was fixed because it's back to not working again even when maximised. 
  • What about in builds?

Going back to your deleted MainCamera, bring back the "proper" one by dragging in the prefab from /AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Automatic.

IIRC, the UFPS integration had a similar issue - which I fixed by running the following in the UltimateFPSIntegration script's Start() function:

AudioListener.pause = false;

Try adding that to your custom camera script.
  • Adding that line seems to have done it, cheers.