Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature Request] Internal variable for Variable: Run sequence

Hi,
yesterday I was doing a lot of conversations in my game and as I wanted my NPC not to answer always the same,
I created a lokal variable called it sequence_01 and used Variable: Run sequence
next conversation
I created a lokal variable called it sequence_02 and used Variable: Run sequence
and on and on.

I needed that local variable only for that single Variable: Run sequence block.

So I thought wouldn't it be nice/easier to include another option like
use global variable/local variable / internal variable

internal would mean, that I would not have to declare that local int variable but the 'run sequence block' does this on his own and uses it. Without any other reference for that variable.

Hope I explained it somehow understandable ;-)
Sorry, English is not my native language.

regards Mirko

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Welcome to the community, @Napalm.

Don't worry - you explained yourself just fine, and I understand your issue.  The problem is that, where the Action to have an internal variable option, then it wouldn't be possible to save it's state - even after returning to the scene from another.

This would cause the sequence to reset after loading, which I assume is something you wouldn't want to happen.
  • edited February 2017
    ChrisIceBox.
    Ok, I understand that. Even though I could life with that, it is probably not what most users would expect.

What about the other way round?

Add an option into 'variable: run sequence block' to create an int (with a std. name like run_seq_int_xxx) and use that variable.

So you would not have to go the way over the varibale manager and create one just to select it in the run sequence block. You could just click the 'create' button within the run sequence block and you are done.

Just an idea ;-)

regards
    Mirko
  • Going to +1 on this - it would be very handy!
  • @Napalm: That's a fair suggestion.  Can't promise, but I will certainly consider that.