Forum rules - please read before posting.

New NPC's don't seem to animate since update...

Hi,

All my other NPC's work fine, but since the update I have had trouble getting new NPC's to respond to animations - they won't animate TALK when talking, WALK when walking, and are just permanently stuck in the IDLE state. The AC status loops are just dialogue loops, and with these off the NPC's still do not animate, or accept face direction commands.

Is there anything I am missing since the update?

See screenshots:

Thanks

Comments

• The update shouldn't have affected anything related to this.  What of your Animator?  Do animations with names listed in the List expected animations? panel exist?  What messages appear in the Console?
  • No messages in he console, and all expected animations are created and added to the animator.

I've added a screenshot called ANIMATIONS to the folder so you can see
  • edited January 2017
    Can't see any problem with that.  Try setting the default animation to Talk_U.  Does that now become the only animation being played?  What happens in the Animator window itself during gameplay?

Without knowing what the ActionLists being played do, try removing them and playing something very simple so that they can be eliminated.
  • Yes, that becomes the default animation. The animator is as follows:

I also created a new scene and set a dialogue action list to run and  the dialogue appeared but the npc did not animate. This has happened to all new NPC's created since the update, all previous ones created before still work fine, and there is no difference that I can see between them?
  • edited January 2017
    Here is the link to an exported package with the npc's that don't animate, if you wish to have a look as I'm baffled:

<REDACTED>
  • I'll right, I'll take a look.
  • "FishermanRopeTricks" had his root gameobject assigned as his sprite child.  You've given both objects the same name, hence the confusion.

And for the last time, stop including AC in public links!
  • Thanks, and apologies