Forum rules - please read before posting.

binding item to cursor - not centered but top left

Hi,

when I select an item from inventory (drag and drop mode), item sprite gets binded to cursor.
Now what happens with my current setting is:
1. Item sprite is binded to cursor in a way that cursor is in the centre of the item
2  Mouse cursor is not visible anymore

I wonder if this could be changed to:
1. Item sprite is binded to cursor in a way that cursor is in top left corner of item sprite
2. Mouse cursor is stil visible

I'v been searching the docs/forums for some time but I cannot find options to set this,
is there a way to achieve this ?

Thanks!

Joakim

Comments

• One more question related to this,

is there a way to have this functionality:
    we have binded inventory item to cursor, now when our item sprite overlaps with any part of sprite, we can use it on this hotspot.

I am asking all this questions because sometimes I want to have a small hotspot (like a hole in the wall), and I want the player to notice it and put something in there. But with current setup this can be tricky for player to find and use this hotspot.
  • Detecting Hotspots from a sprite's shape isn't possible I'm afraid, as each detection is done via a Raycast and so any more than 1 per frame would be very expensive, and you'd need a very large amount of such rays in order to get accurate behaviour.

If you assign a separate Cursor (optional) graphic for each Inventory item, you can define the Click offset values which should re-position the graphic relative to the cursor.

Are you using your system's cursor or a custom cursor graphic for your "standard" cursor? If you're using a custom cursor, you could consider incorporating that same cursor into the inventory item's cursor graphic.
  • Chris thank you very much I missed  the offset values option, that should do the trick.

Cheers

Joakim