Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with first person interactions

Hi! I'm trying to create a first person adventure game and I want the player to 'choose hotspot then interaction' but I've run into a problem. I can't find a way to make selecting the hotspot unlock the cursor. So if I have more than one interaction on a single hotspot I can't select them because the mouse stays locked.
I feel like I need an option in the hotspot script to unlock cursor or constrain player on click.

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @MMFSdjw.  You can do this in one of two ways:
    1. Pause the game whenever the Interaction Menu is open, so that the cursor becomes automatically unlocked.  You can do this by selecting the Interaction Menu in the Menu Manager and clicking Pause game when enabled? in its properties box.
    2. Disable free-aiming when the Interaction Menu opens, and re-enable it when it closes.  You can do this by creating ActionLists for the Menu that run when its turned on and off - again in the Menu Manager's properties box.  The Action you'll want is Player: Constrain, and you'll want to set the ActionLists' When running field to Run In Background.
  • Thanks so much!