Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save system script to handle PlayMaker FSMs?

I'm new to both Adventure Creator and PlayMaker. I've been experimenting for a week or so, and am absolutely loving Adventure Creator!

I'm a developer who has grown weary of reinventing the wheel over the years, and so far the combo of AC and PlayMaker have been really fun to use and able to handle everything I'm trying to do.

I have been working on some more complicated puzzle ideas using PlayMaker, and am looking for a way to save and load all of the variables used in a playmaker fsm using AC's save system. I was able to get something working without coding by exposing all of the important playmaker variables as global and linking them to AC global variables, but I don't like this solution long term as I will end up creating a billion global variables throughout the course of a game.

My idea was to dive into the code and create a RememberFSM save system script that can be attached to a game object. It will then go down through the GO's hierarchy and serialize all of the variables for the FSMs contained within.

I did some searching and haven't found anything like this out there, but before I start down that path I just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone has an opinion on whether it's a good approach, or if someone has already solved the problem of saving playmaker into an AC save file.

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @MattGuest!  Have you seen this tutorial?  Though it's not specifically geared towards PlayMaker, it covers the principles involved with writing a custom Remember script in order to save your own scene data.