Forum rules - please read before posting.

Extending ActionSpeech.cs

I'm looking to expand upon the ActionSpeech.cs, and need to inherit from this script.

There is one base function, that I'm hoping could be set "virtual" for the next update of AC?

:)

The function:
public AC.Char Speaker

Because a few of the variables in the base ActionSpeech.cs are private, it made more sense for me to override this function, so that when the "lip synching" function calls the actor to start and stop talking, I can handle it myself.

Would it be possible?  If not, I don't mind tweaking this script whenever I update.

Thank you!

Comments

• Have you looked into custom events?  They can be used to trigger custom code when characters start and stop speaking - see this tutorial.
  • Err, yeah. I looked into it before. In all actuality, that wasn't what I was piggybacking off of ActionSpeech for initially. It came up, because I was getting an error regarding the In-Game AC Engine's lip synching function.

I was basically wanting to expand on the ActionSpeech function (add more custom variables, such as how fast the text box should display, work on more Rich-text functionality, etc), but I couldn't do that for whatever reason (I've forgotten at the moment...), so I tried inheriting from the base ActionSpeech.cs.

But, well, I'll have another look... Couldn't hurt....