Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sounds bug - ignore is already playing never plays sample again

So if you tick "ignore when already playing" it appears as though the sample will never play again even if you run the actionlist again. Unticking this makes it play again.

Comments

• But is the sound it's referencing actually playing at the time or not?
  • If you check Ignore if already playing?, and you supply an AudioClip in the New clip (optional) field, then the Action will check to see if the Sound object in question is playing that particular clip.  If no clip is supplied, then the Action will check to see if the Sound object is playing any clip at all, and not run if it is.  How have you set up the action, exactly?
  • edited May 2017
    Ive tried ignore if already playing, it has no effect. I have supplied a clip in "new click (optional)" in every single case, I see no other way to supply a clip other than that? Or are you meant to use the "sound object" to play the sounds? I figured that was like a "speaker" or something, so you arent really meant to supply one in "new clip"? If so Ive been doing it wrong for 3 years,, thats quite confusing, nope VERY confusing :-) I HOPE that is the problem - try it out!..
  • A Sound component does nothing unless it also has an AudioSource component, and an AudioSource can (and usually does in my experience) have an AudioClip assigned.

The New clip (optional) field is only necessary if you want to change what particular sound that GameObject plays.  This, in turn, is only necessary if you don't want to have a separate GameObject for each audio clips you want to play.

Again, if you supply a new clip in the Action, and the "Ignore" option is checked, then the Action will have no effect if the AudioSource is playing that particular AudioClip.  This check is performed in ActionSound.cs, line 79 - you can add a Debug.Log beneath the open brace to check if it's running or not.

Otherwise, you'll have to provide steps to recreate - because my own tests show nothing wrong with the way this works.
  • edited May 2017
    Yep I think it was my own misunderstanding of the way it works - lets call it stupidity :-) I saw an audio clip icon and just assigned it, I was using the same sound object all over. It appears to work perfectly now. I will let you know if anything bad happens but from tests its fine. And now I have sound!! Thanks mate for the relentless support and development of the best asset on the store bar none. Im having so much fun working with it these days.... got to find time to upgrade this week too lol.