Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiline dialogue options?

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Adventure Creator Experts!

I have some pretty wordy dialogue options and as I haven't really done much customisation of the default UI yet, what's happening is that these options sort of overlap each other in the dialogue options window.

Is there a way I can make the window and the dialogue option item panels resize automatically to fit all the text?

Thanks!

Comments

• The Automatic setting can be a bit unreliable sometimes.  If you have trouble with it, better to set the Size option to Manual, and just make it large enough to encompass any possible dialogue size.
  • Right, fair enough. I'll probably just shorten the long dialogue options for now.
  • Dear all,
    this is quite an old question, I know. I encountered the same issue - It's a bit embarrassing but I really do not find the setting for the manual size - is it in the dialogue? I am new to both Unity and Adventure Creator, so maybe this is obvious ... Thank you for helping :-) 

Btw.: I use it since last week and have already fallen in love with AC! Good job!
  • Welcome to the community, @freegie.

I was referring to the size of the "DialogList" Menu element itself, which handles the display of the dialogue options, as opposed to the dialogue text itself.

Select the Menu Manager in the AC Game Editor window, and then the Conversation Menu (assuming you're using the default AC GUI).  This Menu is made up of two elements: DialogueList and DialogueTimer.  Select DialogueList, and at the bottom you'll be able to see the "Size" fields.

The Size field in the Menu itself can be used to change the size of the Menu itself.  Just be sure to have your Game window open at the same time, so that you can preview the Menu as you make adjustments to it.